Get more free tips: https://go.indeed.com/networking-tips
Find conversation starters: https://go.indeed.com/networking-convo-starters
Networking isn’t just about meeting new people. Knowing how to network can strengthen your business connections and might even lead to a job referral. In fact, some argue getting a job is more about who you know than what you know. In other words, those referrals can really pay off.
In this video, we’ll show you how to navigate a networking event like a pro with the tips below:
– Wear something that stands out. This can act as a great conversation starter.
– Ask about the other person first. This shows that you have genuine interest in getting to know them.
– Prior to the event, research your connections and focus your energy on talking to the right people.
– Have business cards on hand, but only give them out when asked for.
– Once you’ve made a connection, feel free to ask about jobs and that burning question: Are you hiring?
Get more networking event tips: https://go.indeed.com/networking
Connect with career coaches and peers in our online community: https://go.indeed.com/community
Indeed is the world’s #1 job site, with over 250 million unique visitors* every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
*Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, September 2018